Sending customer invoices
- FAQs about our services
- FAQs about invoices
- - Invoice to a new e-invoice recipient
- - Sent invoices
- E-invoice formats
- InExchange Postage Optimization
Receiving supplier invoices
User accounts and settings
Here we have brought together answers to the most frequently asked questions about network relationships together with tips on how to send an invoice to a new invoice recipient or what to do if you want to start sending e-invoices to an existing recipient.
If your customer is unable to receive e-invoices, you can send a PDF or paper invoice.
Finding e-invoice recipients and checking invoice requirements
In order to send an e-invoice, the recipient must be registered in our network. You can add recipient if they are not already registered.
1. How do I check whether the recipient is in the network?
In order to send an e-invoice, the recipient must be registered in our network. When you look up a company, you’ll also see what types of electronic documents they can handle and if they have any e-invoice requirements.
How to search in the network:
1. Go to the Extend your network page and look up the company in question.
Unable to find the recipient? How to add a new recipient to the network >>
2. In this search we see that InExchange Factorum AB both accepts and sends electronic invoices, but does not send or receive orders or price catalogs.
3. For a detailed explanation of what the symbols under each column mean, see the column to the right on the website or the screenshot below.
Explanation of symbols:
2. How do I know if the recipient has any specific e-invoice requirements?
In InExchange Network, you can check whether anything specific is required when you start sending e-invoices to a recipient.
What to do:
1. Search for the company on the Extend your network page and click on the company name in the results list to find out more.
Unable to find the recipient? How to register a new recipient in the network >>
Supplier must be approved
When you start sending e-invoices to a recipient, your company may first need to be approved as a supplier (of e-invoices). If so, the Supplier must be approved box will be checked in the Company information, see screenshot below.
If required by the recipient, the first e-invoice you send to a recipient will be accompanied by a request to be approved as a supplier. In such cases it may be a few days before the first e-invoice can be delivered as your network relationship must be approved first.
It’s also possible to send a request before sending the first e-invoice >>
If the recipient has activated controls for e-invoices, this is shown by a check in the Has controls box, see screenshot above. Contact the recipient for information on any references or other information it requires on the invoices it receives. It’s important that reference details are provided exactly as instructed for the invoice to be valid.
3. My customer has written to me saying they want to receive e-invoices. What do I need to think about?
You can send all recipients e-invoices via us. Use the recipient’s GLN (which should be in the customer’s letter) to find the right recipient.
Who can I send e-invoices to using InExchange Web Base? >>
- The e-invoice recipient must be registered in our network.
You can search for the recipient in the service you use with us or on the Extend your network page to see whether they’re registered in our network.
If you can’t find the recipient, registering them is easy >>
- The correct reference must be stated on the invoice.
If your customer uses a reference control, the correct reference must be stated on the invoice. The details are received by the invoice recipient.
- Approval of supplier.
If the recipient requires an approved network relationship between your companies before e-invoices can be delivered, a request for approval is sent in connection with your first invoice to the recipient. In such a case, it may take a few extra days for the first invoice to arrive.
- Changing the delivery method for an existing invoice recipient.
If you have previously sent a recipient PDF or paper invoices via us and you now want to start sending e-invoices, change the delivery method on the customer card in your customer registry, directly in the service you use with us or in the invoice files you send to us.
If you have chosen to use our automatic postage optimization (available to those who use InExchange integrated services), the delivery method will automatically be changed to e-invoice when the recipient is recognized in our service as an e-invoice recipient.
What if you don’t yet have a service for sending e-invoices?
We can help you get started with your e-invoicing >>
4. My customer receives e-invoices but I can’t find them in the network. What should I do?
See the instructions for how to add a new e-invoice recipient to the network >>
Information about the recipient needed for registration:
- Company name
- Registration number
- Email address of recipient
Please contact the recipient if you don’t have all of the details required for registration.
5. My customer doesn’t receive e-invoices, what can I do?
If your customer doesn’t yet receive e-invoices, you can send your invoice as a PDF or paper invoice (paper invoices require InExchange Web Plus as a minimum).
This is what it looks like if the company is in the network but can’t receive e-invoices:
You’ll be notified if you’ve attempted to send an e-invoice to a recipient that cannot receive invoices electronically, or if they’re not yet part of our network. Then you can choose to resend the invoice using another delivery method.
What if your customer doesn’t yet have a service for receiving e-invoices?
Our website has further information on our services >>
Relationships and requests in the network
1. How to send a manual relationship request
Some invoice recipients require suppliers to be approved for e-invoices before invoices can start being sent to them electronically. In this case, a request for approval is sent along with the first e-invoice. However, you can choose to send a request in advance instead.
How to send a request in the network:
1. Go to the Extend your network page and look up the company in question. Then click on the company name in the results list presented below the search box.
2. Now send a request by clicking I want to send.
Once you have sent a request and the recipient has approved the relationship, you are connected in the network. This relationship is marked Connected in the table. You can now send the recipient your e-invoice.
2. My relationship request was rejected, what do I do now?
To get your invoice sent you can choose to send it as a PDF or paper invoice via us (paper invoices require InExchange Web Plus as a minimum), but if your relationship request is rejected, we recommend that you phone the recipient to clear up any queries. Then you can send a new request as agreed.
3. Where can I see what relationships we have in the network?
The Connections page shows you what relationships your company has in the network.
Other questions and answers:
1. I’ve received a message that something’s gone wrong. What should I do now?
If there’s a link to our help center in the error message, you can click on the link to get instructions about what to do to send your invoice. You can also contact our support team for help.
Here are some explanations of errors that can crop up along with instructions on what to do >>
2. Who can I send e-invoices to using InExchange Web Base?
You can check via your login on our website whether or not you can send e-invoices to a specific recipient via our free InExchange Web Base service.
If you see Add service to send when you look up the customer on the Extend your network page, then you will need to upgrade your service before you can send an e-invoice to this specific recipient.
You must have a user account with us to follow the above instructions.
Create account | Log in
Unable to find the answer to your question? Feel free to contact us.